A novice’s thoughts and feelings on her monthly dose of fashion indulgence... and the other distractions along the way.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Weekly Wishes

Those of you that know me will know that I have moved! I didn't just move house or country, but continent and I have found myself living in Dubai again which is a pretty exciting development!

Thanks to my small 'Relocation, Relocation' my life has been squashed into two cases and is now in chaos, however this has by no means dampened my ever present urge to internet window shop!

I am really into paper bag waist maxi skirts at the moment and although I love these New Look ones I think that River Island have released the best collection. My favourite one is this one with feather print detail (£35), perfect for an autumn in Dubai wouldn't you say?!

Perhaps it is because of the move, but I am also thinking about decorative bits and bobs. I have photo frames stocked full of my nearest and dearest but what I really want to lift my room's plain white walls with is a Charmaine Olivia painting. I am by no means calling for an original (I will be waiting a while for a cheque that can accommodate one) but I would love a couple of her silhouette prints to hang on my walls!  My favourite two are the matching, and very fitting, Little Houses Silhouettes but I also adore this Boat Hat Silhouette.


Charmaine Olivia's work is stocked at etsy.com and in Urban Outfitters if you want to snap some up yourself. I wrote a feature on her for my university magazine back in May and fell a little bit in love, I think it was the tea drinking bit of her 'about me'. I will see if, some how, I can be a technical wizard and get a copy of my article up here.

What are you lusting for this week?
F x

No comments:

Post a Comment